From brunch, happy hour to shopping and live music, check out below for things to do in the Gaslamp Quarter this weekend!
Thursday, July 14:
BiCE is pleased to welcome Arnaud Debons, wine maker for San Antonio Winery, for a dinner featuring acclaimed wines and a perfectly paired menu by Chefs Francesca Penoncelli & Mario Cassineri.
When: Thursday, July 14 at 6:30PM
Where: 425 Island Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
Price: $79 per person + tax and gratuity
For more information, please visit: http://bicesandiego.com/events/wine-dinners
Del Mar Racing season is all about the horses but on Opening Day July 15, 2016, the seaside track will be all about the hats! Get your Race Day Hat at one of Gaslamp’s treasured Boutiques.
- Goorin Bros – located on Fifth between Market and G, you can find fedoras, flat caps, American felts, Panamas, bowlers and top hats for the races!
- 631 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
- Bubbles Boutique – Ask for Lisa or Gayleen, and they can find the perfect fascinator, or colorful creation that will make all of the Race fashionistas ask, “Where did you get that hat?” Bubbles boutique also has designer threads, hand bags, shoes, and great gifts.
- 226 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
Friday, July 15:
The San Diego LGBT Pride celebration will return to Hillcrest this weekend with lively events spanning three days, including the famous Pride Parade. San Diego Pride 2016 will officially begin at 6PM Friday with the annual Spirit of Stonewall Rally at Marston Point – on Balboa Drive and 8th Avenue. Before heading up to the ceremony, why not have a quick sip and bite for happy hour at one of Gaslamp’s posh restaurants/bars.
- The Hopping Pig – Perhaps you want to get an early start on the happy hour festivities; well this is the place to be with deals starting at 11AM and running until 7PM! This gastropub has 32 rotating taps from the finest, local breweries. Deals start with $4.50 on select pints & wells, along with $1 off all craft beers, drafts and $3 tacos & sliders.
- 748 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
- Spike Africa’s – With 10 different specialty cocktails and $1.50 oysters, happy hour simply can’t get any happier! Spike Africa’s offers happy hour DAILY from 3:30-6:30PM. The fun goes even further to include deals on beer, wine and margaritas.
- 411 Broadway Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
Saturday, July 16:
Before heading up to the Pride Music Festival which includes multiple stages of entertainment, more than 200 musicians, bands, comedians, dancers, an art exhibit, cultural presentations and dozens of vendors, why not have brunch in the Gaslamp?
- Rustic Root has dynamic American cuisine and a creative and classy rolling mimosa bar. Your weekend Rooftop rendezvous! Bubbles & Brunch features their new Champagne Cart with cotton candy, house-made popsicles, pop rocks, fresh fruit, multiple fruit juices and purees, an assortment of desserts, and a varying selection of seasonal surprises! Sip on champagne, nosh on delicious brunch offerings, and fancy up your bubbly.
- 535 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
Parq is downtown San Diego’s best nightclub featuring the hottest DJs and guest artists. #COMPLAY at Parq for a one-of-a-kind VIP experience! 21+ | Dress code is strictly enforced.
When: Saturday, July 16 at 10:00PM
Where: 615 Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101
For more information, please visit: http://www.parqsd.com
Sunday, July 17:
Tin Roof supports local San Diego live music. A series of 3-5 musicians take our stage and showcaase why we love live music in San Diego!
When: Sunday, July 17 at 8:00PM
Where: 401 G Street, San Diego, CA 92101
For more information, please visit: http://www.tinroofsandiego.com
Open at 5PM and Bull Room open at 8PM. $1 Mechanical Bull Rides, $2 Miller High Life Stubbies, $3 Domestic Draft Beers and $4 Well Cocktails.
When: Sunday, July 17 at 5:00PM
Where: 528 F Street, San Diego, CA 92101
For more information, please visit: http://www.doubledeucesd.com