The San Diego Union-Tribune Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade presented by Blue Buffalo
December 10, 2017 | 401 K Street, San Diego, CA 92101
Deck those paws with bells so jolly and jingle all the way through the Gaslamp Quarter for The San Diego Union-Tribune Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade presented by Blue Buffalo. Pet owners and their furry, feathered, and scaled companions are invited to don their favorite costumes for this jolly promenade and pet expo on Sunday, December 10, 2017, at MLK Promenade Park, adjacent to the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter (401 K Street, San Diego, CA 92101).
Entry to participate in the Pet Parade is just $15 per pet in advance, and $20 on the day of the event!
Register now at www.holidaypetparade.com.
Day-of registration and check-in will begin at 12:30pm. Guests are encouraged to register in advance as space in the Parade is limited and will fill up fast.
The Pet Parade steps off promptly at 3:00 pm from under the iconic Gaslamp Quarter Archway, and continues up Fifth Avenue takes a left at E street and down Fourth Avenue ending at MLK Promenade Park, where contest winners will be announced and the Pet Expo will continue! Festively-attired critters compete for bragging rights and prizes in nine fun costume contest categories. Dogs, cats, birds, and even fish are welcome to take part in this holly-jolly good time!
As the parade wraps up, registrants can be sure to grab a goodie bag full of fun samples, toys, coupons, and other gifts for your festive fur friends at the FREE Pet Expo, open to the public from 1:00pm to 5:00pm with live music, presentations, and festive fun for all. Official viewing stations will be around the Gaslamp Quarter providing patios to view the pets on parade and specials to partake in. Participants are encouraged to register in advance as space in the parade is limited and will fill up fast!
The best vantage points for the Pet Parade are along 4th & 5th Avenues between E and K Street from 3-3:45PM (arrive early to peruse the Pet Expo and guarantee a great spot to watch the parade).
Pet Parade Costume Categories
Contest Rules: Each entry is automatically eligible for a chance to win one of our Contest Categories. Winners will be selected and announced at the Pet Parade Awards Ceremony on the stage immediately following the Pet Parade at MLK Promenade Park. Judges’ decision is final. Must visit the judging panel between 1:00 – 2:30PM to be considered.
1. BEST UGLY HOLIDAY SWEATER – presented by Doozydog! Club- This category is open to pets and humans alike
Prizes for Each Category:
Pet Expo Sponsors:
Highlights from the 2015 Event
Congratulations to Our 2016 Winners
Best Ugly Sweater
- 1st Place- Tracee Lehman- Cooper the Golden Doodle- #130
- 2nd Place- Paul Jennings- Kalia (15 years old) Belgian Malanois- #105
- 3rd Place- Lisa Ann Wilson- “Stella” Blue Heeler/ Lab Mix- #275
Best Wildlife Costume- promoting SD Humane Society’s New Project Wildlife Program
- 1st Place- Kristie Needham- “Mistie” an 8 year old Westie- #167
- 2nd Place- Christine Rodriguez- Lugo a Bulldog- #291
- 3rd Place- Hector Saludo- Stella American Pit Bull Terrier- #212
- 1st Place- Sara Anaya- Frida the Chihuahua- #007
- 2nd Place- Mikayla Richter- Siberian Forest Cat- #190
- 3rd Place- Kyle Boyer- Nova the Boston Terrier- #23
Best Pet Costume
- 1st Place- Jeanie Patten – Sam the Handy Man – #215
- 2nd Place- Angela Vittucci- Brandi the Lhasa Poo- #264
- 3rd Place- Vicki Solano- Penny Lane – Maltipoo #234
Best Pet Costume (non-canine)
- 1st place- Tamara Clemente- Gamera the 5 ½ year old Tortoise- #041
- 2nd Place- Kenneth Swinson- Xingona the Sphinx- #244
- 3rd Place- Michaelann Johnson- Mimosa the Lop eared Rabbit -#108
Best Holiday Costume Award
- 1st Place- Therese Lamb- Otis the Wonder dog- Yellow Lab-#128
- 2nd Place- Shannon Gearing- Bruskie – Huskie Mix- #80
- 3rd Place- Kaitlyn Persky- Ellie – Lab Sheltie Mix- #182
Best Costumed Duo
- 1st Place- Jan Savage- Sir Ruffles Von Vicious- Schnoodle- #214
- 2nd Place- Laura Gilbert- Kiva- Terrier/ Chihuahua- #83
- 3rd Place- Kimberly Carlisle- Lady- the Golden Retriever- #290
Best Costumed Group
- 1st Place- Hoberecht Family- Belle – Greater Swiss Mountain Dog – Zachery- Pembroke Welsh Corgi- #92 #93
- 2nd Place- Paula Fisher- Cosmo aka “Santa Cos”and Betty (the elf)- #71/#72
- 3rd Place- Diana Cavagnaro- Lambchop- Bedlington Terrier-#34
Best Costumed Adopted Pet-
- 1st Place- Kim Mills- Brown – Chiweenie- #156
- 2nd Place- Esmerelda Anaya- Mos- Pitbull- #6
- 3rd Place- Kathleen Israel- George the Bullet- West Highland Terrier- #102
Best in Show
- 1st Place- Jackie Silva- Sammie the Maltese Poodle-#227-Sweet Pea- Toy Poodle Mix- #228
- 2nd Place- Brian Sardo- Apollo- The Staffordshire Bull Terrier- #288
- 3rd Place- Mary Caraway- Bailey- The Yorkie- #31
For more information on the Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade, contact the Gaslamp Quarter Association at 619-233-5227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Jolly pets welcome. No livestock allowed in parade.