September is potato month, and the Gaslamp Quarter has some eateries that have fantastic poutines, fries and tater tots to enjoy! We decided to highlight a few of them!
Why not make a meal out of fries! barleymash, located in the heart of the Gaslamp has “Iron-fries” on the menu. Guests can choose from 5 different dishes filled with a mountain of hand crafted French fries and topped with delicious ingredients. We decided to highlight, the “San Diego”, fries topped with stout-braised short ribs, pepper jack beer-cheese sauce, sour cream, spicy guacamole, and salsa fresca!
Location: 600 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 255-7373
This down home diner just introduced their special “tot” entrees!
- Pizza tots- Tots drizzled in home made marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese
- Buffalo Tots- Tater Tots topped with chicken in tangy buffalo sauce drizzled with blue cheese
- ABC Burger Tots- Tots with ground Beef, avocado and cheese drizzled with a creamy chipotle
- Benny and the Tot’s- Eggs Benedict Tater Tots
And yes DESSERT TOTS!
- Tot Churros- Tater tots covered in cinnamon and sugar, topped with ice cream and caramel…….And Brian’s 24 is open 24 hours a day!
Location: 828 Sixth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 702-8410
This great gastro-pub on fifth specializes in craft beer, featuring 32 rotating taps from the finest local, West coast and craft breweries around the world. Their menu has incredible pub fare and for potato month, why not try mussels and fries or garlic Parmesan fries with their house made ketchup!
Location: 748 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 546-6424
This great eatery showcases a dynamic menu of rustic American cuisine with a spotlight on house-made ingredients. They are dedicated to serving food that is rooted in tradition, yet has a modern and creative flare. Their creativity doesn’t just doesn’t stop at the plate! They have craft cocktails too. But we can’t forget potato month! Why not order some “cool ranch” fries to go with your succulent lobster roll? And yes, they do taste like the cool ranch goodness!
Location: 535 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 232-1747