Brand new to the Gaslamp Quarter, American Junkie opened up a couple weeks ago on 5th Avenue. This hip hangout is a classic eatery, serving a “modern American tavern menu” plus classic American cocktails, craft beers made in the USA, all American whiskeys and bourbons and wines primarily from California vineyards. The spacious venue also features a slew of big screen TVs for sports viewing and hosts DJs at night. Alex and Erin from the Gaslamp Quarter Association stopped in to check it out!
What we enjoyed:
- Alex enjoyed the housemade guacamole with avocado, orange, blistered jalapeno, cotija, and lime served with chips, and award winning salsa brava! The salsa brava won best salsa in Arizona 3 years in a row!
- Erin enjoyed their sweet corn and avocado ceasar salad, made with sweet corn, avocado, romaine, kale, cotija, crunchy tortilla strips and jalapeno lime cilantro dressing.
- Both Alex and Erin shared a bowl of their homemade potato chips garnished with parmesian cheese, scallions and white truffle oil and served with a housemade carmelized French onion dip
- Chef Hector Cruz makes everything from scratch with fresh seasonal ingredients and re-created the menu inspired by the 3 other American Junkie locations in Arizona, Newport Beach and Hermosa Beach.
- If you would like one of their burgers or sliders, the beef patties are handmade with 1/3 brisket, 1/3 80/20 chuck and a 1/3 rib meat
- They “always have the newest San Diego brews!”
- Get $5 ALL YOU CAN EAT TACOS from 5pm- 10pm every Tuesday!
- Lots of TVs to watch the big game including 3 huge television projections on the wall!
- You can spin the wheel, located above the bar, and participate in all kinds of fun activities. Or take a photo in the photo booth! These activities make a memorable night out after you have enjoyed a cocktail from their specialty cocktail menu!
- Monday’s guests can enjoy $1 sliders, $5 mules. You can’t beat that!
American Junkie is open 7 Days a week
Monday 3pm-12am / Tuesday 3pm-2am/ Wednesday 3pm-12am/ Thursday 3pm-2am/ Friday 3pm-2am
Saturday 11am-2am/ Sunday 11am-2am