Inspired by Pancho Villa and the pistoleros of the Mexican Revolution, El Chingon is a new (bad ass) concept in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter. With an exciting menu featuring some Mexican classics, they aim to serve only the best of the best when it comes to ingredients and spirits.
Nothing makes great Mexican food better than a little something to quench your thirst! Aside from their curated selection of tequilas, mezcales and sotoles, they’ve carefully crafted a drink menu that will pair perfectly with any menu item or stand boldly alone.
What We enjoyed:
- After being welcomed by the eclectic Mexican décor, Alex and I sat down and were served their fresh chips and 3 salsa combo. The chips were dusted with salt, paprika and a spicy chili pepper. The salsas were mild (verde chilli) medium, and Habanero spicy hot.
- Alex ordered the Al Pastor Tacos with their signature slow-cooked marinated pork shoulder, grilled pineapple, onion, cilantro, avocado crema, and salsa verdeI He ordered it “Bad Ass” style which wrapped the delicious ingredients in fried cheese!
- I enjoyed the California Burrito that contained their tender carne asada, “Bad Ass” fries, Mexican citrus cream, and Chingón cheese blend. I could only enjoy ½ but will enjoy the rest later. 🙂
- El Chingon is open for lunch now~!
- With a huge variety of tequilas and mezcals El Chingon becomes the “candy land” of Mexican liquors
- For just $2500.00 you can get the EL CHINGON COCKTAIL. The Cocktail is Azunia Black 2 yr tequila, Grand Marnier Centanaire, lime essence, R&D Aromatic #7 and includes a 3 day 2 night trip to the Azunia Distillery in Mexico! This truly is an experience!
- All of the tables were painted by artist, Jesus “Chuy” Espinoza.
- Check out their events, www.elchingon.com
- 3pm till Late on Tuesdays you can purchase a bottle of Don Julio 1942 and Get 2 hours of all you can eat tacos for 4 people!! Or upgrade to a magnum and get tacos for 6 people. Don Julio 1942 $400.00 – Don Julio 1942 Magnum $750.00
El Chingon is open
- Mon-Sun 11am-2am
- Mon-Friday- 3pm-7pm