The California Competes Tax Credit is an income tax credit available to businesses that want to locate or stay and grow in California. From January 2-22, 2018 interested business owners can submit grant applications for these credits. $100,000,000 in credits will be available and 25% must go directly to small businesses. This is a competitive application process.
- Number of jobs created or retained
- Compensation paid to employees, including wages & fringe benefits
- Strategic importance to the state, region, or locality
- Amount of investment Economic impact Incentives available from in-state, out of state, and federal government sources
- Duration of the proposed project & duration of applicant’s commitment to remain in California
- Opportunity for future growth & expansion
- Extent to which the benefit to California exceeds that of the applicant
There is CA Competes Tax Credit Presentation on Friday, December 8, 2017 from 9:00-10:00am at SD City Council Chambers.
View flyer for the December 8, 2017 Presentation.
View flyer that outlines the criteria used in evaluating applications.