Patron’s Corner is a modern, upscale, Mexican restaurant in the Historic Gaslamp Quarter on the corner of 4th & J Street. This rustic-chic spot with a patio doles out inventive Mexican dishes. The 3,000-square-foot eatery opened up the week before Comic Con 2017 and has been beautifully developed by 20-year industry veteran, Paul Garduno.
Garduno transformed the inviting space reminiscent of an authentic tequileria with rustic flooring, brick, wood and iron. The restaurant, serves lunch, dinner and brunch, and has a menu of traditional dishes from regions all over Mexico with an emphasis on seafood, while the bar features creative cocktails highlighting tequila, mezcal and rum.
What We Enjoyed
The GQA Team was given a special tasting of some of their “small Platos” by Executive Chef and Owner Paul Garduno.
- We were given a bowl of the DF Corn Esquites- Sweet creamed corn topped with roasted corn, garlic, onion, Poblano chilies, and epazote puree. Definitely comfort in a bowl perfect for a chilly day!
- Next we were served the Ajillo Shrimp- A plate of sauted shrimp and mushrooms, garlic, guajillo chile, butter, and oregano over white rice.
- Next we enjoyed the Yucatan Cochinita Pibil- Achiote pulled pork, corn cake, cabbage, pickled red onions, with cilantro and lime.
- Finally we enjoyed the Don Carlos Ceviche- Delicious! With Shrimp, scallop, guajillo chile, mango, pico de gallo, on a crunchy tostada.
Each dish was beautifully plated and almost too good to eat, but we devoured it.
- Make sure to go hungry!
- Getting a few of the Small Platos is a wonderful way to try the exquisite flavors of this upscale Mexican restaurant .
- Patrons Corner has a very sophisticated Tequila Menu
Patrons Corner is open everyday from 10am-12am. Call to make a reservation soon! You’ll be glad you did!