New to the Gaslamp Quarter, Olala Crepes!
Newly opened in the Gaslamp Quarter is Olala Crepes. The quaint, French Creperie offers a concise menu of savory and sweet stuffed crepes made from organic French and local products, including organic buckwheat flour imported from Brittany, France. Founder Samual Icyk hails from the Provence-Alpes-Cote d’Azur region in the south of France and after learning the art of guest communication, food services and management at Walt Disney World in Orlando, he decided to venture to San Diego and launch his own crepe company based on his grand mother’s recipes.The first location was launched in liberty station, and now the Gaslamp Quarter has it’s own!. Olala Crepes has developed an array of freshly prepared, high quality, savory and sweet crepes.
What We Enjoyed:
Sherry and I entered the Creperie transfixed by the Iron crepe stone where Laura spun the fresh gluten free batter with a special kitchen tool. The restaurant had large pictures of France all over the walls and a menu of delectable savory and sweet Crepes.
Both of us enjoyed a Savory Crepe and a Sweet Crepe.
- Sherry started out with their Je Suis Jaloux Crepe. This savory, stuffed French pancake was filled with chicken, pesto, melted cheddar and sliced tomatoes.
- Erin ordered the Je Suis President filled with bacon, melty brie and mozzerella cheese, tomatoes and spinach.
After devouring the Savory Crepes, which were served in a rustic cardboard carton that can easily be taken away to enjoy or dine inside at one of the bistro tablest, we moved onto dessert.
- Sherry opted for the fresh waffle drenched in buttery Nutella and fresh strawberries
- Erin ordered the popular A La Folie Sweet Crepe– filled with Nutella, banana and strawberries topped with fresh whipped cream.
- The friendly staff at Olala Crepes all have trained for months to get your crepe perfect. Watch the magic happen as they pour the batter onto the crepe cooking stone…. it is so mesmerizing!
- Peruse the mini French grocery store at the restaurant. You can pick up a mini Eiffel Tower, French preserves, chocolate or your very own Crepe Maker & Griddle
- Order for delivery on Grub Hub!
This is a great place for an on the go breakfast, lunch or dinner. The inviting interior also makes you feel as if you at a corner creperie in France. Take a trip to Olala Crepes, they are open every day from 11am-11pm.