Route 29 debuted in the Gaslamp Quarter mid-July and is such a beautiful, delicious addition to the neighborhood’s fine dining scene. The ode to Northern California’s wine country culture brings sustainable, local ingredients and several vegan dining options.
Route 29, which gets its name from the main highway through Napa Valley, features a rustic-modern vibe featuring wood, iron, and copper accents.
While the menu changes to reflect seasonal ingredients, charcuteries and a selection of “Jars,” featuring house-layered creations such as chicken cacciatore routinely show up. Executive chef Daniel Bear, orchestrated rich fresh food sure to please any guest.
Diners also can choose from a list of about 150 wines selected by Sommelier Nemanja Pejcic. About 30 options come by the glass. Wines reflect both new- and old-world wine appellations, and most come from sustainably managed vineyards.
What We Enjoyed:
- Sommelier Pejcic, came out with a group of 3 wines for us to try. A 2016 Grenache from Santa Barbara, a 2016 Pinot Noir from Edna Valley and a Cabernet Sauvignon from Callistoga. Nemanja’s knowledge of the regions the wines are from, as well as what flavors to note in the wines, enhanced our fine dining experience.
- Next we enjoyed with our wine a beautiful cheese and charcuterie board complete with seasonal meats, cheeses, and olives
- We also enjoyed one of the “Jars” which was spreadable chicken cacciatore served with toasted ciabatta bread and drizzled with olive oil.
- Next we tried the tender Montana Wagyu Karabuta Pork Chop with a side of apple cabbage sauerkraut all drizzled with an apple shallot caraway gastrique.
- We also tasted the Crispy California Halibut with a banana miso consommé, noodles, with shitakis, bok choy and fried leeks.
- Then we tasted the carbonara broccolini which is paccheri pasta in a rich parmesan cream sauce with pancetta, broccolini and onion.
- The meal was incredible, and capped off with a flourless chocolate cake!
- If you are wanting the have a private party, the north end of the restaurant can host your guests! The walls are decorated as if you are driving along the vineyards of the Napa Valley!
- Happy Hour is every day from 4-6PM
- Make a meal of the delicious Charcuterie Boards or Jars! Pair with wines for an extra exquisite evening!
The restaurant is open daily from 4 to 10:30 p.m. Visit Route 29 today for a taste of Napa Valley in the Gaslamp Quarter!