Named after one of the most prized and expensive types of caviar (eclipsed in price only by Beluga caviar), Osetra Seafood and Steaks is just as prized as its name sake as one of Gaslamp Quarter’s most beautiful fine dining culinary experiences! The restaurant, which opened in 2004 combines a stylish, and modern ambiance with California flavors, high end USDA prime steaks and one of the only restaurants in San Diego that serves Australian and Japanese A9 wagyu grade beef combined with the most outstanding fresh seafood!
Executive Chef Oscar from Acapulco, Mexico combines traditional American, Italian, and Mexican flavors with cutting edge culinary techniques to create a playful, yet sophisticated California Modern Fusion Cuisine.
Sherry and I were welcomed by General Manager Giovanni to the chic, sophisticated dining room. Thomas, our server, presented our menu with a host of delectable dishes fit for royalty!
What We Enjoyed:
- -Sherry and I were served with a beautiful glass of “bubbles” sparkling wine with fresh warm bread accompanied with a spreadable honey and herb butter.
- -Next we were presented with a tender grilled Octopus with garbanzo beans, potato leeks and a pesto aioli.
- -Then we were served the Parmesan Calamari and Shrimp. The fried calamari and shrimp were perfectly seasoned and served with a marinara & chipotle aioli to dip in.
- -We were also given the “Anniversary Roll” which guests can order on their delicious sushi menu. This roll has crab, cream cheese, and avocado, topped with spicy lobster, spicy eel sauce, spicy mayo, and spinach tempura crunchies!
- -Then Sherry and I enjoyed the Osetra Salad with organic butter lettuce, citrus segments, goat cheese, walnuts, and tomatoes, served with blood orange vinaigrette.
- -We could have stopped there, but Thomas, our server, brought out a luxurious, creamy lobster ravioli. This homemade pasta has flavorful, Maine lobster in a creamy vodka sauce and touch of pesto. Giovanni, also gave us a glass of white Chardonnay that complemented the dish perfectly!
- -Chef also prepared a beautiful plate for each of us with grilled jumbo shrimp, a melt in your mouth fillet and fresh salmon on a bed of asparagus and lobster polenta!
- -For dessert a rich and creamy tiramisu with layers of lady fingers dipped in espresso, mascarpone cheese, and chocolate powder!
- -Choose from over 1000 bottles of fine wines kept in a wine tower that serves as centerpiece in the restaurant. Hostesses, or “wine angels” fly up in the air to retrieve your bottle!
- -Seeing a show? Osetra is a perfect location to pre function or post function before or after a performance at the Balboa, City Center, Spreckles Theatre, or San Diego Symphony.
- -The second floor has two private dining rooms perfect for exclusive dining events.
- -Live music every Friday and Saturday beginning at 9PM
Osetra Seafood and Steaks is open every day at 4PM and will be open on Thanksgiving at 2PM. Make a reservation today for a truly incredible culinary experience!