Prohibition, GBOD Hospitality Group’s underground speakeasy located at 548 Fifth Ave. in the Gaslamp Quarter, has introduced an assortment of new fall-inspired and Old Fashioned cocktails to its menu, available now.
The new selection of fall cocktails, each priced at $14, include:
- Fall Gold Rush, made with bourbon, pineapple juice, lemon juice, almond orgeat, cinnamon and R&D House Bitters;
- Army Navy, made with Seven Caves Tiki Gin, lemon juice, almond orgeat and R&D sarsaparilla bitters;
- Hotel Nacional, a combination of Havana Club Blanco Rum, lime juice, pineapple juice, demerara and apricot;
- Greyhound, made with Hibiscus Glendalough Gin, lemon juice, grapefruit juice and honey, garnished with grapefruit zest;
- Jalisco Maid, made with tequila, lime juice, cucumber, mint and demerara;
- Old Cuban, a combination of Pusser’s Rum, lime juice, mint, demerara and sparkling wine;
- Caipirinha, made with Leblon Cachaça, muddled limes and demerara;
- Kentucky Jippler, a combination of bourbon, honey, lemon juice, grapefruit zest and R&D Sarsaparilla Bitters.
The selection of Classic Stirred Old Fashioned variations, each priced at $14, includes:
- Archangel, made with gin, Aperol and cucumber juice;
- Fall Old Fashioned, a combination of bourbon, maple, cinnamon and R&D House Bitters;
- New Carre, made with Henebery Rye, Applejack, vermouth, Bénédictine and R&D Cherry Apple Bitters;
- Oxacan Old Fashioned, a combination of El Silencio Mezcal, honey, R&D House and Fire Bitters;
- Irish Sazerac, made with Glendalough Irish Whisky, demerara, Peychaud’s Bitters and absinthe.
The selection of Top Shelf Old Fashioned cocktails include:
- Enforcer Level Old Fashioned, made with Blanton’s Bourbon, demerara and bitters, priced at $20;
- Under Boss Level Old Fashioned, made with Whistle Pig 12-year-old rye, demerara and bitters, priced at $45;
- Boss Level Old Fashioned, made with Balvenie PortWood 21-year-old scotch, demerara and bitters, priced at $75;
- Godfather Level Old Fashioned, made with Macallan Rare Cask scotch, demerara and bitters, priced at $90.
More information about Prohibition is available by calling 619.501.1919 or online at www.prohibitionsd.com.
In February of 2017 GBOD Hospitality took over management of Prohibition, a speakeasy known for its craft cocktails, where bartenders, rapturous live music and hypnotic lighting capture the elusive spirit of the 1920s-era underground bar scene. Prohibition, located at 548 Fifth Ave, is an underground bar and the stairs are located behind an inconspicuous “Law Office – Eddie O’Hare, ESQ.” door located adjacent to Havana 1920. It is open Monday through Thursday from 8 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. and Friday and Saturday from 7 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. with live music beginning at 9 p.m. More information about Prohibition is available on the website at www.prohibitionsd.com and on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @ProhibitionSD.