The Smoking Gun located on the corner of 6th and Market in the Gaslamp Quarter has just started their all you can eat Chicken Drumettes and Nugz night from 5-10pm on Thursdays! Guests of the casual “throwback” restaurant and bar can select their fare from a menu contained in a CD case with the cover looking like a Bone (s) Thugs -n-harmony album, but a play on words as Bone(s) nugz-n-harmony. The inside of the cover lets guests choose from a variety of sauces for their braised chicken drumettes or boneless wings (nugz) each served with either tots or home-made potato thick chips.
You will not leave hungry (that’s for sure)
GQA Staff Picks:
- Sherry and I got a chance to try a plethora of savory “nugz” and drumettes. we ordered the sweet and sour drumettes, chimichurri nugz, truffle-garlic parmesan nugz and pineapple habanero drumettes.
- My favorite was the chimichurri nugz which were perfectly seasoned with all the notes of a well developed chimichurri, and the truffle-garlic parmesan nugz. Eating those delicious morsels kept me coming back for more.
- Sherry who likes things spicy really enjoyed the pineapple habanero drumettes. If you are into extremely spicy there is a sauce called the “Double Stinger” that is mixed with both ghost and scorpion chilis!
- Patrons can choose 1 flavor per order, and also can dip their chicken in homemade ranch sauce.
- Chicken connoisseurs can also choose from the following sauces: Buffalo, Cali Wing, BBQ Mustard, Sweet & Sour, Chimichurri, Pineapple- Habanero, Wasabi- Soy- Ginger, Maple-Sriracha, Truffle-Garlic Parmesan, Honey-Mustard, Bacon-Bleu-Chive, Cajun (dry rub) and the Double Stinger.
- Along with food and drink, guests can play pool, ping pong or boogie to the tunes.
- Each night of the week Smoking Gun has something special planned.
- Monday is Industry Night at 10PM where they serve hosted family style pasta, invite guest breweries with special beers, and give away prizes with a raffle every hour.
- Taco Tuesday- Guests can get 3 tacos for $5 and $5 mezcal & tequila shots, and $5 modelos from 4-10PM.
- On Wednesday from 4-10PM Patrons can enjoy 22oz steins for $8 and steak plates for $16.
- Friday’s from 3-7PM ½ off the Bar.
- Friday and Saturday night dance the night away with a winnin’ and spinnin’ DJ
- Saturday and Sunday become a member of the Breakfast Club- served from 11am-2pm